Device-Driver Scanner & Updater

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Wendi, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

The not validated error (see pic in earlier post)means that the drivers are not compatible with my laptop because i apparently have a Customized computer manufacturer graphics driver
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm
    Therefore i wouldnt say my-config is better in my case .as it offered drivers that are not compatible to my system even after scanning.

Actually would ANY driver updater recognise whether customised drivers are used SIMPLY FROM SCANNING?.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

That isn't such a critical error I would say. Sometimes it is a matter of trial and error

Example: I have a Toshiba L750-A116 Notebook

When I go to Toshiba's Driver downloads page and I choose my notebook. It offers me to download Intel Turbo Boost v1.2.00.xx (forgot the last digit)

So when I download it and try to install it. I get an error message saying that my computer does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for this component :rolleyes:

I can install Turbo Boost v2 but I hate it because you can't simply have the gadget on your desktop, it also runs in your Superbar and if you close that from the Superbar, the entire gadget closes too...not very good. I want Turb Boost Monitor Gadget but I don't want it running constantly...

So I found Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor v1.0.400.4 which did install and work properly...

bottom line is...even manufacturers themselves make mistakes sometimes

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I agree.Im at the stage now though ,that im not going to bother updating drivers unless somethings not working.It seems all i do is update for the sake of it these days.:rolleyes:
    Nice notebook by the way :thumb:

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

This came after my ASUS G73Sw Horror story as a refund then I bought the one you see in the sig... read it...very interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.