Device busy in True Image Media Builder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by opoman, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opoman

opoman Registered Member

After wrestling with 'device is busy' messages when trying to use Media Builder in my newly installed v11, build 8,053, I found a reference which solved the problem - namely, that I should leave the CD-ROM drive door open. As this advice was dated September 2006, isn't it about time that Acronis fixed this fault which is a huge annoyance, being completely beyond intuitive solution?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I do not believe it is in the power of Acronis to fix a conflict which is caused by burning software that is installed on a user's computer. Closing the CD drive drawer before TI is ready for it gives the third party software the chance to reserve the CD drive.

If there is nothing in the FAQs that is something that Acronis could easily fix.

Xpilot

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, the above two messages would be be a good sticky.

4. opoman

opoman Registered Member

Before trying the open drawer fix, I tried turning off Roxio's 'Drag to Disk'. This didn't solve the problem. In any case, Win XP, I believe, comes with its own burning application. I suspect a bug in the Acronis software.

My thanks for the responses. It would be nice to get one from the Acronis team.

5. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Since you have Roxio have you tried disabling the Windows CD Recording software? My Computer -> [select your CD drive] -> right-click and go to Properties -> Recording tab and uncheck the box that reads “Enable CD recording on this drive.”

6. como

como Registered Member

No bug here, I can burn a rescue disk with the CD draw closed.

7. opoman

opoman Registered Member

Recording on both drives was unchecked before and after installing TI11.

It is clear that only a minority of TI11 users have encountered the problem. Hence, any bug which might be in the TI software needs some other conditions to be met before it shows itself.

It may be the case that, like me, some or all of the other sufferers from this issue have happily been using their PCs to do all manner of jobs, including backing up with other software, burning disks and so forth without ever seeing this strange problem.

It's a tough one for a software engineer to resolve but my original point was that the problem has been around since September 2006 or possibly before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.