dev. problem with NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cpearson, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpearson

cpearson Registered Member

I am a software developer for a small company. Recently we developed an application designed to help provide support to our users. I embedded an VNC (ultraVNC) application into the resource file in main support executable. We have received reports from a few users that NOD32 is flagging and removing this support application upon installation of our software package. Are there any steps I can take to make NOD32 identify my application as safe. Is it possible to quickly configure NOD32 to allow our program? Any help would be appreciated.

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

VNC can be detected as a potentially unsafe application. The PUA group covers mostly commercial tools for remote administration and detection is disabled by default. Please ask the client to disable Potentially unsafe applications.

4. cpearson

cpearson Registered Member

Thanks for the great suggestions, I will submit my app for review and instruct tech support about disabling Potentially unsafe applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.