Detection log says "unable to clean", what measures did or didnt my Av take?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Winegums, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winegums

Winegums Registered Member

HI There! (Please go easy on because me I'm new to fighting digital virusses)

Last night when I looked at my logs to see how well NOD32 kept my PC clean. I saw the following errors which I couldn't make sense of, what did NOD32 do:

Screenshot:
    343j4n6.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/r/343j4n6/7

There are five threats highlighted in red in the detected threats log. Main threats are "JS/Kryptik.Al trojan" and "JS/Exploit.PdfkaOSQtrojan". What bothers me is the log says "unable to clean" behind all 5 accounts as the "action taken".

But what does this mean. Did NOD32 stop the threats and neutralized them by deleting the whole file instead of cleaning. Or are the threats still on my harddrive. I couldn't find the threats in the Quarantine section so they have got me worried..

What steps sould I take?

Btw. I'm using NOD32 Antivirus 4 alongside Wndows7/64

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's weird. Do you use default settings and the latest version of EAV 4.2.71?

3. Winegums

under web access settings, I found I might have changed the settings from normal cleaning to "no cleaning". But it also says:

In this mode no automatic cleaning will occur, if a threat is detected and a user is logge din, an alert window with a list of available actions may be displayed.

So I was assuming I'd get a popup window with options which I didnt get, or wasn't around to notice. So what did NOD32 do in this case do by detecting a threat, but I wasn't there to take action? I didn't find the named threats in the quarantine section..

Thank you

4. Winegums

BTW. I'd also like to understand how these JavaScript? exploits work. Supposedly I got by these threats by visting a website and looking at a PDF both in firefox. And they both tried to dial outbound. Which means the thereats were already on my computer I guess. I wonder if these threats failed to connect or cucceeded and downloaded a virus? NOD32 did detect them.. Wonder what steps NOD32 would take in such a case.

5. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_exploit

I highly recommend you to install a great software called "Secunia PSI"
    Secunia PSI's linkto keep your software updated.Besides,Java exploit is famous all over the internet.You need to remove the old versions of Java after installation of new Java version.http://sourceforge.net/projects/javara/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.