Detecting hidden rootkit files..

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by evilrabbi, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To all:

Discussion about hidden rootkits is well within our guidelines. However....the posting of direct malware links and links to where malware can be downloaded is not permissible per our TOS.

Please adhere to this request,
    Bubba

2. controler

controler Guest

I read the first 13 pages and decided to skip to the end since there realy wasn't much being said otherf then ego tripping. I didn't realy see much for technical info being spread around. I see much of the posts were removed for one reason or another. It didn't appear to be removed for posting links to code by the admins. If there was more being said via PM, that doesn't help here.
    looks like the same crew from antirootkit dot com, only on a different site?
    Maybe for nutrality?

I like the fact that they have for the most part good humor. People without humor can not be trusted ;-)

I am sure much of my problem understanding the thread was the translation used or rootkit talk - jargon - code.

AS most now know, the best way to deal with rootkits is by way of prevention such as PG,Appdefend,Online Armour, ect since they stay ahead of the detection game most of the time.
    If these apps are still too complicated for the average user, then more education is needed. AS we know the PG forum isn't getting much attention from the developers at this time and that leaves it up to the members to help.
    In My case, there is some technical issues with the latest version of PG that can only be answered by DCS.

con

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.