detecting Comodo's CFP.exe as a threat (false positives)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by texblain, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texblain

texblain Registered Member

When eset downloaded virus signature database: 3119 It instantly detected C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe as a threat. Obviously it's not a threat and now when I restart my pc it shows up as a threat every time.

Anyone else having this problem and what should I do about it?

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. jczaja

jczaja Registered Member

Re: detecting Comodo's CFP.exe as a threat

Yes me, I have the same problem together with "AcrobatFNP.dll" (german version). This starts after updating to the latest signature update!!
    Especially the last on is boring as it comes back all the time when Acrotray is working.

Lets wait what will happen

cu

jc

4. texblain

texblain Registered Member

I forgot to mention that as soon as it detected the threat the first time my pc locked up and I had to do a hard reboot. Then as I was posting this tread it updated to virus database 3120 and instantly locked everything up again. I hope they fix this soon! I don't want to have to go with another virus program!

5. bafranksbro

bafranksbro Registered Member

I'm getting loads of problems with it detecting a lot of programs and files as unkown viruses. A whole hell of a lot of Adobe stuff is coming up and a lot of my games. It locked up my computer and I had to hold the reset button to restart. I can't even type more than a few words without it coming up with another false positive, this is just ridiculous and I'm going to have to disable it until it's fixed and it better be fixed soon. I'm getting irritated. :mad:

6. jczaja

jczaja Registered Member

Same with me https://www.wilderssecurity.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
    :mad:

And additionally I lost a DVD which I was jut burning

cu

JC

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can restore detected/deleted files from the Quarantine.
    You can also use the Exclusions list till ESET releases new signatures
    You can also temporary disable the real-time file system protection (if you know what you'll be doing)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.