detected system partition is different than install. Please reinstall returnil to cor

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by petrick, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petrick

petrick Registered Member

I use a long time my favorite Returnil 2008, but since my last Xp install on a SATA drive it´s started to show up a strange message.
    When I add to this SATA drive an older PATA drive, I get a message:
    "detected system partition is different than install. Please reinstall returnil to correct this issue". Returnil then doesn´t work.
    Now when I reinstalled returnil having both drives connected (what returnil support advised) everything was OK, but the same message comes again when only the SATA drive is connected. Of course, Returnil is always installed on partition C.
    Before this last Windows install I could freely connect and disconnect one or two more drives and this message never appeared.
    Can anyone explain this?

Thanks

2. petrick

petrick Registered Member

should have added that I have never mounted virtual partitions, C partition is only for OS (XPhome)

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

This issue should be resolved in newer versions of the software. There isn't much that can be done here other than to use the work-around you describe or upgrade to one of the latest versions of the software.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.