Desktop

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Erik,

Understand that TweakUI DOES NOT MOVE FILES, while eazsolution actually moves the files.

Take Care
    Rico

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes I believe you, I never used TweakUI, because I didn't move anything. What I never used, I can't verify either if it works or not.

I'm not surprised that TweakUI doesn't work : after all it's Microsoft. It's even called "Powertool". Pffft :rolleyes:

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Erik,

All TweakUI does is change the registry settings for the move.

Take Care
    Rico

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In that case, I'm glad I didn't use TweakUI. Although I separated my data completely from my system, I didn't want to change anything in my system partition.

My system partition[C:] still looks the same as any other partition[C:] with everything on it. It has still a complete folder "Documents and Settings" and "My Documents", but it's EMPTY.
    It looks like a fresh installed computer, that has never been used and my freeze storage keeps it that way, because any change is removed during reboot.
    Although it's not a technical security protection, I like to discourage malware (= internet thieves) and hackers in a psychological way, because an empty computer is like an empty house to a burglar. It's nothing more than a little teasing, but I love it anyway. :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.