Desktop loads slower, after EAV updated it's modules

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by m00nbl00d, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

After EAV updated it's modules, a while back, I had to reboot my system, and, actually, it seemed that the Desktop was loading faster.
    I really got surprised with the speed.

But, two hours later I turned it off, and a few moments ago, I turned it on again. The Desktop now loads slower than before. And, by before, I mean slower than before the modules got updated.

I'm running EAV with all advanced settings enabled, but I also tried rebooting several times by disabling Advanced heuristics on file execution. No difference at all.
    I tried disabling real-time protection auto start, but even by doing it, there would be no gain in system performance.

I know I might sound like I'm playing an old tape here, but, I really believe that Eset should work this problems with system performance out.

Saying that by enabling some advanced settings, there might be some bad impact in system performance, with all due respect, doesn't cut it.

I never had this problem with version 3.0.667, with all advanced settings enabled.
    And, even by disabling advanced heuristics on file execution and even real-time protection auto-start, won't do any miracle. So, how can it be the advanced settings?

That's also something, that, somefolks, have mentioned in the 100% CPU usage thread. That, even by disabling such settings, the bad performance would still be there.

So, honestly, how can it be the advanced settings?

If they are the ones doing it, then why disabling them won't solve a thing? I'm really lost here.

I'm aware that this isn't a situation that happens to everyone, still, it happens to a lot of people, and for a very long time now. No solution was ever found.

I remember when Symantec was constantly, badly, critized by the resource usage of their products. It took them a few years, to, finally, start listening to their costumers. Perhaps, due to the fact they witness some lossing? No idea. I don't really care, as I'm not a Symantec's costumer. But, the fact is that they did something about it, and the end result is there - one of the most light line of products.

I hope it won't take years for Eset to do something about this problems people are having.
    After all, these people (including myself) are paying costumers and would like to see this problems solved.

Regards

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

There have been 0 module updates for a few days buddy, excluding the standard 2 detection modules.

3. m00nbl00d

That, I can't tell. But, that I saw a message from EAV saying that it finished updating modules, I did.

Not suppose to be like that? They got out by mistake? No idea. They did occurred. That's for sure.

By going to "About", I see the Antivirus and antispyware module has been updated.

So, there were modules that got updated. I didn't imagine things.

4. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Are you sure?

Attached Files:

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The virus signature database and AV/AS scanner are the 2 modules I was referring to.

6. m00nbl00d

That only means that the information I provided, was correct. It occurred an update to some modules.

I didn't know which, until I checked. I was more concerned with the increased resource hog.

Somehow, those module updates, made EAV 4 use more resources than ever before. If the system, sometimes, was already slow, now it got worse.

I had to uninstall it. I really hope something is done, before my license ends, in August. I'd like to still use it, and the sooner, the better. After all, I've paid for it.

7. a_lunatic

a_lunatic Registered Member

I have been having issue's as well since the update computer is non responsive disable nod & it comes good not happy here as I don't have time to deal with it.

8. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

TADA welcome to my GHOSTING issue, where I can type away, the computer won't show it since it's soo slow the, keystrokes are being buffered and then BLAM it's on the screen. It's like typing away on a 386SX while running Windows XP, even though it's a Core2Duo 3.6 Ghz and 4 Gigs of ram. :)

9. a_lunatic

a_lunatic Registered Member

Well touch wood I think I got it fixed for now & what I did was reinstall nod & notice that there was a TrustedInstaller.exe process running that didn't seem to go away & after googling it found that the Problem Reports and Solutions could be the cause of the TrustedInstaller.exe & there is 5 reports to do with.

Running Vista x64 with 4GB ram

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.