Deploying of NOD32 via Network Script

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by siya78, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siya78

siya78 Registered Member

I am about to deploy Nod32 Anti-Virus Version 3 on the network. Now I want to know how to I save the Username and Password on the installation file so that users dont have to put it in manually so that it can automatically update when the installation is done.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Computers in LAN should never update from ESET's servers, but from a local mirror created by Business Edition with the license key installed.

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Why is that Marcus? I currently manage around 90 clients across multiple sites, and found the mirror setup to be totally unintuitive, so I opted to just update from ESET. Our proxy should be caching the files, and all updates seem to work fine.

By "unintuitive" I mean: do I need to update via http or not, do I need to set up dual profiles for updating, etc.

Jim

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's tolerable if they are mobile users, but if you have dozens of computers in one network they should update from a local mirror.

5. Stealth111

Stealth111 Registered Member

Hmmmm. Maybe since my ERAS mirror doesn't ever seem to stay functioning for more than a day EVER, I think I might just have all 1000+ clients start getting updates from ESET directly.:rolleyes:
    At least then I won't have 100's of administrators and teachers reading me the riot act over their client not getting updates.
    To stay on topic, you should be able to pre-configure a deploy package (config file) with any setting you desire that gets pushed to the client during install.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.