Deployed on LAN - Update Issues

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by Capp, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Been awhile since I posted here last.

recently decided to upgrade our network from v4 EAVB to v4 Endpoint AV edition.

Did my workstation first so I could test it and get it configured. No problems with install or any update issues.

Pushed the install out to 1 empty workstation and it installed just fine, rebooted with no problems, but now random stations that have been upgraded keep giving errors about downloading the most recent updates.

We only have 12 computers in here so they are all set to "Choose Automatically"

So far this morning, I've had to reboot 7 systems to get them to stop erroring out when trying to update. After a reboot they seem to update fine, but all of them were updating fine until around 7pm last night and then just started gathering errors.

Don't want to have to force a network wide reboot twice a day so is there any ideas?

Thank you

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What errors were logged when the updates were failing?

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

A couple of different ones.

"An error occurred while downloading update file"

"Bad link to update server"

"Communication with the driver failed. HIPS does not work"

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This one should only appear if there's a wrong path to the update server, e.g. if the "http://" prefix is omitted. The other errors would need to be tackled separately and further investigation and logs would be required if you're able to reproduce the errors.

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Ya, I figured as much and thats the weird thing. I have 14 computers on the network, setup the config file and used the same file on every deploy. Have 4 computers that don't want to play nice and the other 10 are just fine. lol.

I do have 1 computer that seems to be having an issue even trying to install. It failed the first time trying to "Stop services", even though I was logged in as Admin. Rebooted and anytime I push the install now, it just says "Waiting", but never actually completes or errors out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.