Deploy remotely without the Management Console?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by pixelbaker, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixelbaker

pixelbaker Registered Member

Regarding my previous thread, I see now in the user guide that the system was ready for deployment, I just had to go to the Management Console and choose an image to deploy and choose the system for deployment.

This brings me to my next question: do I have to go to the management console system to be able to deploy an image to a system? Is there some way that I can just boot a remote system via PXE and have it show me a management console where I can choose an image/template to deploy? This is currently what I have for a similar RIS setup with Windows Server 2003 and it's more convenient. I'd eventually like to get to the point of completely remote deployment to systems from another location. It's a dream, but I've heard it's possible so I'd at least like to look into it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pixelbaker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, you will need to go to the computer where you have Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console installed. I'm afraid that it is not possible to boot Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console on a target computer.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis Sanp Deploy in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. pixelbaker

pixelbaker Registered Member

is it possible to boot a system remotely and deploy an image to it? basically I either want to do everything from the workstation I'm deploying to or do everything remotely so I don't have to touch the system.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pixelbaker,

Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 allows you to boot Acronis Snap Deploy Agent on the remote machine using Acronis PXE Server. In order to perform this you should turn on the remote (target) machine, enter its BIOS settings and choose the option booting from network. After that Acronis Snap Deploy Agent will be booted on this machine and you will be able to continue with deployment using Acronis Management Console. If you can turn the target computer on and enter its BIOS settings remotely then you will be able to perform the desired actions.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.