Deploy NOD32 in groups?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dklein, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dklein

dklein Registered Member

Hello

Is it possible to use the console to deploy directly NOD32 in "groups"?

We want to prepare a setup-mktg.exe file, that when installed will report in the console as being part of the group "Marketing". Another setup-sales.exe that when installed will report in a group "Sales"...

??

Thanks

David

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

If you are using Active Directory on your network, you could create the seperate installers and then Publish the installers to the individual groups, so that it will run when they log on. Might have to write a script to see if it is already installed.

I am not sure if you can use the RMON console to specify groups or not. Pardon me if I am incorrect.

Just a thought really :)

3. dklein

dklein Registered Member

Thanks !

This is something we thought about unfortunately, this is a case where we do not have access to AD, and even if AD was used this is not exactly the problem.

The problem is not "how to install" in different groups, but that after installing, all machines reports in a specific "NOD32 Group"
    So that we can send the executables, and people install whenever they want, and the datas are sent to our console organized by groups.

4. goran_larsson

goran_larsson Registered Member

Do you have these groups in the ra console ?

or what do you mean by groups ?

Regards

Göran

5. dklein

dklein Registered Member

Those groups are in the RA console, yes
    But they are empty for now. I prepare for instance a group called "Paris", then I send out the setup-paris.exe files, and those when installed should report in the "Paris" RA group.

Computers installed with setup-london.exe should report in the "London" group. And so on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.