Dennis Technology Labs 2013 Q4 Report

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Inside Out, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

2. Durad

Durad Registered Member

From what they tested Avast is probably the best FREE AV, better than AVG and Microsoft.

Panda Cloud and BitDefender cloud are far better performing in my expirience.

3. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Thanks. Looks like avast! topped the free AVs. Well done avast!

4. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

ESET achieves another great result :thumb:

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

To bad the tests contained so few vendors.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Eset is back in the saddle again. Took 3 years to learn from their mistakes but they have and the future has a bright sun painted on it. Thumbs up to the entire Eset clan.:thumb:

7. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

avast not reach the AAA ...

8. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Interesting: haven't seen McAfee do so poorly in a while. Norton, while staying under the radar, is still cooking! Good job Avast!

9. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Kaspersky is the best, no surprise.

10. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

December 2013 and Avast V8?!!! o_O

11. woomera

woomera Registered Member

such a useless test, heh. they probably think this is funny...

12. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Kaspersky has been stable, and on the top , ( in different test)for some time. Well deserved. Eset did well, and that is nice to see. But I am not so concerned, if eset falls a couple of percentages. My security is definitely not based on Eset alone, of course. But still it is nice to see that your favored Av is doing well. Oh, thanks for the head up " inside out"

13. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It's not so simple. Dennis Labs have always been sponsored by Symantec in the past. Lately they declare they are unsponsored... Symantec doesn't show as No 1 in the final score, but if one looks at all their charts Symantec is always No 1 most of the time.It also remains to be seen why so many vendors were left out if the test is really unsponsored.

14. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

when you go from testing site to testing site the results vary so much that I don't pay much attention to them anymore. I just depend on my own expertise to test them.It has worked so far.:cool:

15. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

exactly. honestly many of these tests are FAR from what i see in real world use dealing with real world people with real world expectations. i dont think i have maybe but a small handful who still use kaspersky because most hated it. many have not tried the newest version so cant say there but up till the 2013 version. same goes for nortons. and i use eset personally and just almost never see an infection. it let one single thing through a long time ago i think it was version 3 or 4 but nothing before or after that for me. so even when the tests showed a low scoring eset i just shrug them off anymore.

16. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

It doesn't seem to matter which test you look at, Kaspersky are always near the top. They seem to be the most consistent.

17. The Hammer

Everyones experience can be different as you say. While I love Eset myself, a buddy with three kids switched from Eset after I introduced him to it because at the time it was letting to much stuff through. So who can say. But I pay attention to tests as a guide.

18. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Indeed...Good job ESET.

19. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

What's the Protected score for a test machine without any AV?

20. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Versus a placebo... I like how you think!

21. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Thanks :). Actually though, it's more like a control group, since I would want to know how much of a Protected score is due to protections in the OS itself. I assume it's no higher than 61 for this particular test, given MSE's test result. I don't know whether it's ok to assume it's 0 though.

22. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

I have to laugh at comments on av tests,if the test doesn't correspond with posters pre conceived ideas or give a posters favourite product a good score then the test,any test not just this one is useless,if the same test gives another posters favourite product a good score then the same test is good,well thought out with good testing methods and then we have the conspiracy theory posts who assume the testers have some hidden agenda/aren't declaring whether they are being sponsored by a vendor or worse claiming they aren't when of course the poster knows deep down they are!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  23. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

There is very little point in paying attention to such comments. It should be obvious that when participating in an enthusiast forum such as Wilders, opinions are going to vary wildly. You have vendors hawking their wares mixing with a few experts and many more hobbyists and newbies, all with different thoughts on what is the right way to do things and the wrong way. You have people with beefs against products and even fellow posters, people who enjoy baiting others and seeing who bites and just on and on. The forum should be looked upon as another source of information. A source that the individual user should gather from and then using it to do their own research and come to their own conclusion. Taking anything written or said at face value is a surefire way to find trouble.

24. mattfrog

mattfrog Registered Member

Great result for ESET, it's looking like the SS7 improvements are reaping rewards :cool:

25. The Hammer

But my complaint is I don't get to do any of that with this test. See my sig.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.