Dell SAS 5/iR with RAID 1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by btghostown, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btghostown

btghostown Registered Member

Currently I have TI v9.1 build 3718, does the bootable CD support dell SAS 5/iR with Raid 1?
    I'm planning on upgrading the harddirve from 80G to 500Gig on windows 2003 servero_O o_O

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Re: Delll SAS 5/iR with RAID 1

I don't know, but booting the machine from the TI Rescue CD should answer the question quickly. If the drives are not seen, it doesn't support them.

3. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi

Anyway if the bootable CD doesnt do the job, you can still make a WinPE with all the Windows drivers you want inside...

You can still try with bootable media, also make sure you update your build before creating media to have the latest drivers.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Enterprise Software.

Unfortunately, we do not have an information about list of the controllers supported by this old version. The current list refers to the latest versions only. Anyway, you can boot from that CD and check if your hard drivers are recognized.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

5. btghostown

It's worked! finally I got some time to test it out....

6. boxclever

boxclever Registered Member

@btghostown I'm looking at performing the exact same operation. 80GB -> 500GB but on an SC440, still with the SAS 5i/R RAID card. The SC440 only supports 2 internal drive bays.

What process did you follow, if you don't mind sharing your experience on how you accomplished this.

Thanks!

7. paulimmoos

paulimmoos Registered Member

It's easy if Acronis supports the card, we have 6 PE2950's with the SAS 5 and 6 cards.

I would just download the latest Trial, and create a new boot CD from that.

Boot up, see if you array is recognizable, then do a restore and tell Acronis software how big you want it to be. It's really simple. Worse case use Paragon to resize the partition.

8. btghostown

what I did was create image with TI and make sure you included the 16MB dell utitiles & the MBR partition. then replace the new drive, and make sure you recreate the RAID 1 on the Dell SAS 5/IR (Ctrl-C) during the bootup before you drop the image back to the new drive.

How to create a raid 1 on a sas 5/ir controller

1. Press ctrl-C to enter into sas configuration and then on sas1068 press enter

2. Select raid properties

3. Then create IM volume

4. Arrow over to the yellow no and press space bar to turn the no to yes do this for both drives

5. Press C to create then save changes and exit

6. Then press F3 to continue

then boot your TI bootable Disc and drop the image to the new drive.

1. select the 16MB dell partition.
    2. select the MBR
    3. select the C: drive then you have option to increase the HD size to whatever you want.
    4. select the D: drive and increase the HD size.
    5. start the restore...................

GOOD LUCK..

Last edited: May 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.