Dell Optiplex 755

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by maximus08, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus08

maximus08 Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I have gotten the new Dell Optiplex 755.
    I already have problems with Acronis Snap Deploy.

It doesnt recognise my nic and harddisk.
    When i start the Snap Deploy Agent it doesnt recognise my nic.

With my hd it gives me the following error:

E000101F4: Acronis Master Image Creator has not found any hard disk drives.

Snap Deploy hasn't got the safe mod like Acronis Enterprise where its used the drivers form the bios.

can somebody plz help me with this problem?

Thank you,

Greetings.

M

2. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

I guess it is a recurring issue each time a new piece of hardware is available.
    All i can suggest is : contact Acronis and ask for a patch with the good drivers (NIC and hard drive) or wait till a new release will include them.
    Thanks for the update on GX755, i think i will wait a little bit before imaging these.

3. ccboomer

ccboomer Registered Member

I also have just received my first Optiplex 755. My cd will not recognize the hard drive in the new system. I have had NO issues with all of my previous systems (260, 270, 280, 520, 620, and 745 Optiplex), but I think that my system had new SATA configurations to maximize Vista. I wish that I could get a response to my email about this issue. I wonder if upgrading to the new TI 11 version would help. I am currently at 10.4942

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maximus08 and ccboomer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis Snap Deploy. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. deskside1

Hi Marat ,

thanks for your post. I have one issue though. All these useful informations you mention are in the Acronis true Image part of the forum.
    When i anm having trouble with snap deploy, i don't always think of looking in the True Image section of the forum.
    Can you duplicate the sticky post in this section too ?
    thanks

6. flyfishin4trout

flyfishin4trout Registered Member

I have the same issues as the OP but with the Optiplex 745. Error comes up every time E000101F4: Acronis Master Image Creator has not found any hard disk drives. I tried the noapci options as well. I am using Acronis Snap deploy. I downloaded the latest versions today. I was not able to download a different version of Master Image Creator. Is there a seperate one of those? Any help would be awesome.

7. WhyDntThngsJstWork

WhyDntThngsJstWork Registered Member

I was able to "solve" (work around would be a better term here I guess) the optiplex 755 issue. The issue seems to be that the linux kernel that the current Acronis bootable images use does not support AHCI properly or at least the AHCI that is included with the optiplex 755.

To remedy the issue, I had to go into the bios [F2], Go to 'Drives', choose SATA Operation and changed the mode from AHCI to ATA. Very Important! -- make sure to change this option back after you are done with your imaging; in my testing, if I did not change this back, the system could not find the drive and boot from it. And yes, I was able to both retrieve the Master Image and Deploy it to a new optiplex 755.

Also note, that the latest build of Snap Deploy [2152] allowed me to image an Optiplex 745 just fine -- I saw that a few of you were having issues with that as well.

Some more information on my setup:
    I am using Acronis Snap Deploy Mgmt Console along with the built in PXE server to boot and image the clients. This suite is installed on XP pro.

If you browse to c:\program files\Acronis\SnapDeployConsole\OSDDemon the 'Date Modified' column should show 8/31/2007 or 9/20/2007 (updated in the latest build as of this writing 2152).

I would assume that the bootable media for True Image and other Acronis products would behave similarly to the Snap Deploy system, but I have not verified this.

Other items that I've had the 'Pleasure' of using while troubleshooting with the Snap Deploy System:

If you get the "Installation Interrupted" message when trying to install or upgrade your product:
    In a windows domain environment: Log off and log back on with a LOCAL admin account, not a domain account and then re-run the upgrade/setup.

Non domain environment: I had to log on a with a different admin account.
    This is probably an MSI bug that needs to be addressed, but this is a workaround.

GinaDLL key missing after you instruct Acronis Deployment to join a Windows domain on the next boot of an imaged machine. **Only when imaging a machine that has the netware client installed.
    *Note: I take no responsibility for damage done by you editing your registry
    Fix:
    Open regedit
    HKLM-->Software-->Microsoft-->Windows NT-->CurrentVersion-->WinLogon
    If you see that the String 'GinaDLL' is no longer there, then add:
    String Value: GinaDLL
    Value: NWGINA.DLL

Figuring out how to mount a USB drive:
    The nice mount /dev/sd* /mnt doesn't quite work with this flavor of linux
    After you press the F11 key at the boot menu and remove the 'quiet', you should get the command line (I'm sure you have all done this if you are at the point of looking at this forum).

Issue:
    mkdir /mnt/flash *flash can be anything that you deem appropriate here
    cat /proc/partitions
    Find the one that has the 'part1' on the end of it
    should look something like this: /devfs/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
    Mount it:
    mount -t auto /devfs/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt/flash
    You might get a module error here which you can ignore
    Check that you can view the files on your flash drive:
    ls /mnt/flash
    sysinfo will output all of your system information which Acronis Techs may need:
    So -- sysinfo > /mnt/flash/sysinfo.txt
    If this doesn't work, output to /tmp/sysinfo.txt and then move it to /mnt/flash/

You can also copy and paste with your mouse -- just highlight what you want copied and right click what you want pasted.

Hopefully some of this info would aid in some of your troubles.

Good Luck

8. flyfishin4trout

flyfishin4trout Registered Member

Wow thanks for the great explanation. I changed the settings on the 745 drives to legacy and it worked like a charm. Making image as I type. Thanks again.

9. WhyDntThngsJstWork

WhyDntThngsJstWork Registered Member

Glad that worked for you flyfishin4trout; I also just received the actual fix from Acronis support regarding this issue. They were able to provide me with the OSDdemon and Imagecreater boot images that include the drivers to fully support the AHCI mode on these Optiplex's (possibly other newer machines too?). If you setup a support ticket with them, they should be able to provide the files. If you do not get anywhere there, let me know and we can probably arrange something.

10. MHarmony

MHarmony Registered Member

I am Glad to here that someone gets a reply from Acronis. I have been e-mailing them for a week and have not heard anything from them. This forum is more useful than anything else. I too am having issues with the Dell 755 I have been able to see the hard drive after changing to ATA mode but the NIC is still not being seen. I am not using snap deploy but am hoping that your fix will help me also. I am booting to a CD and trying to connect to TI Management console. so I can image the computer but when I boot I do not get an IP and I can not see it from the management console. Any and all help will be much appeciated.

11. deskside1

I have successfully imaged GX755 with the last build of Snap Deploy (2152).
    I still need to do the noACPI trick whem booting though.

12. stevem7

stevem7 Registered Member

MHarmony - What flavour of NIC does your 755 have? I have the Intel version in mine (Intel 82566 chip), and True Image Echo Workstation (latest version) doesn't recognize it. Once I upgraded to the latest service pack (available on Acronis's website) for Snap Deploy it would recognize the NIC but the images never got transferred over. I can download Linux drivers from Intel's website for them at:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...FullName=Linux*&lang=eng&strOSs=39&submit=Go!

but I'm not sure how to tell Acronis how to use these. At the F11 prompt, where you type in the NOACPI command, is there any Linux command to load and run these drivers??

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite is looking better and better all the time, but I'm having problems with that product, too. But at least it can recognize the Optiplex 755 NIC.

13. pdev55

pdev55 Registered Member

I too am having the same issue with acronis and the sata and nic drivers, in a del 755 it would drive ya nuts, anyone got a fix for this issue yet, sorry for a first post asking for an answer, but when i found this forum and you guys were having the same issue i was so relieved :)

14. MHarmony

MHarmony Registered Member

have been gone for awhile, I just have the stock nic. I guess it does not matter now that the new version of TI is out and it works with the nic.

BUT Snap Deploy does not. is there any way to add nic drivers . PXE does not work either. I cna get the Dell 745's to work great but not the 755. I wish support would help out better

Cheers everyone. :cool:

Wish I were drinking instead of working but I have to work so I can go drinking

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  15. schooltech

schooltech Registered Member

We have Optiplex 745s, 755s, and Latitude D630 Laptops. We got the patch from Acronis that got the 745s going, but I am having the same problem with the 755s. I disabled AHCI in the BIOS, and now Acronis can see the HDD, but it still doesn't recognize the NIC (Intel 82566DM Integrated). Has anybody got a patch for this from Acronis yet?

Also, the D630s never worked. I had to build about 40 of them last summer from scratch, and I will NOT do that again this summer. Nor with the 755s. Acronis needs to get on the ball with these updates. This is time-sensitive for us as we have a limited window in which to complete deployments, and if we have to wait for months for a fix, we are going to be forced to find a solution that works.

16. Malexander

Malexander Registered Member

I have been imaging the d630s for some time now. I am using Acronis True Image 11. Two things I have had to do with them is in the bios I have to turn off flash cache and switch the SATA operation from AHCI to ATA (they were ordered with Vista and I am imaging them with XP). Also when the first screen comes up I have to hit F11 and enter "acpi=off noapic" after the quiet command. Hope that helps! I am hopefully going to be able to deply this soon with snap deploy. I got it working with our 755s but no luck with the d630s.

I had initially contacted Acronis support regarding the 755s NIC not being recognized and after a few emails back and forth explaining everything over and over I was given a link to download TrueImage 8..... I haven't tried it since by that time I had a snap deploy server up and running.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  17. dshinley

dshinley Registered Member

Work arround for the Acronis Dell755 NIC issue.
    Disable the internal NIC and add a card.
    Worked fine for us.

18. Soren

Soren Registered Member

If I don't get a fix from Acronis soon on this I may HAVE to take your solution seriously.

Snap Deploy 2.0 - upgraded to latest release - still doesn't recognize the Optiplex 755.

Anybody have a viable solution they can share with me aside from new network cards or different software....??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.