dell OEM install windows ME

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

I changed the bios to boot from cd then the windows install process gave me two options only exit (reccomended)
    and install over the top. so I choose install over the top. it started fine rebooted
    but then instead of trying to config settings it tryes to boot into safemode but gets stuck and has odd colours at the top of the screen of course that means display driver but during the install it didnt ask me to press f8 to install third psrty drivers. also I found an article on windowsreinstall.com in the oem section it told me to change the bios then then windows will give four options.

# A menu will appear with four selections, select
    Recover Harddrive without format. (Note that all files in the Windows Directory
    will be lost)

# Follow the onscreen prompts through to completion.

but i didnt get those instructions i only got the two options i talked about above. so atm i cant even boot in to safemode.

I thought i might be able to put the drivers on a floopy disk and put it in the drive and it should be able to find the drivers of the disk but ton the dell website the drivers are to big to fit on floopy. they are like 5mb.

so I cant even format and start again because it doesnt give me the option to.

its a dell dimension 4100. i have had display issues before with that pc but before i could go in to safe mode and reinstall it but this time i cant.

the link to the article which didnt work is here http://oem.windowsreinstall.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14

I dont get why this dell oem windows me cd is different from the one in the article.

it would be nice to even be able to do a format but im not give that option
    thanks in advance
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.