Dell Inspiron 530S

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

can anyone who uses this Machine shed any light on it o_O I was given one (Brand New) for free :D for being the first customer at a New store opening near me :cool: Anyway the one I got has the E8400 3.0Ghz :cautious: 500GB HDD 4GB RAM running at 800MHz Etc..Etc.. but what I did notice was no Graphics card so to speak of but the Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100.

So what I've done is to replace that with a ASUS EN8400GS 256MB Card,but had to use a low profile bracket to install it due to the narrowness of the Inspiron design. Also I boosted up the Graphics size from 128MB to 256 in the BIOS. So far it seems a slick little machine,and whisper quiet,Maybe because the PSU is only 250W.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade this rascal even higher o_O i.e Higher PSU/Graphics/RAM/ even a higher end MB in time.

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

3. owen35ny

owen35ny Registered Member

Love this machine, i have dual core 2.4 ghz and 2 gb ram and I added a low profile 8600GT vid card. I love it
    *puppy*

4. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

You can overclock it; that's what dell reps said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.