dell ideas storm

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

So we have to live with bloat ridden factory fresh machines,maybe Dell make some day a turn to their customer wishes.But for the time being there is a solution to all this.Peter has told his experience in the FDISR forum how you can use FDISR to get over this problem.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Another solution is PC Decrapifier, but Ive voted for this idea in hopes someday Dell will implement it.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Actually I have a better solution to this problem. I buy my computers from Velocity Micro. They only put on the operating system. With the optical drives they will install software that comes with the drive. But you can ask them not to, and they won't.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Now that's a breath of fresh air... ;)

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

You're a happy camper to have one more choices,but i am living in the netherlands and searched to no end to find something like Velocity,all i can find here are the big player machines with their recovery **** or companies where you can buy components to build one yourself.

7. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Hello!

I have Dell computer and it would have been so much easier if i had the option to choose. It took hour and half to get rid all the crap they installed. I guess i am lucky that Microsoft update crashed my machine and i had to do a reinstallation of windows, so i only put on what i needed.

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

IMO, home builds are the only way to go. I get great pleasure from doing the research and planning\matching all the proper components. It is just like Christmas when all the boxes with the parts arrive. Then piecing it all together, loading the OS, and having it boot successfully for the first time...... It does`t get much better then that. :D I have even gotten to the point of enjoying a little trouble shooting if something go`s amiss :cautious: on the first try. :)

9. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

@ThunderZ

Hey, fellow Ohian!

You tooks the words out of my mouth:D

Every year more and more people are building their own systems. The more that enters the market the better.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

luckily i have at least two other chooses.
    firstly i got viglen
    www.viglen.co.uk
    and also cyberpower pc.
    http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/
    the thing is its quicker and cheaper for me to buy from cyberpower system.
    from ordering it takes 5 days to get it to my door.
    nearly 3 days of that is just testing stability.
    lodore

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hello wake up cyberboys from this tiny piece of mud also called the netherlands (holland),tell me where you can get these serious unbloated machines with the original windows install CD's.

13. Peter2150

I wish I could help you on that Huup.

14. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

On this you live far away from my place i suppose to be of any help but your endeavours on FDISR and ShadowProtect are much appreciated !

15. Peter2150

Your welcome. Unfortunately I do know Velocity Micro doesn't ship outside the US. The won't work beyond their limitations and that's what makes them great. Have you searched over there for similiar companies??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.