Dell GX520+external USB HD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wsmason, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsmason

wsmason Registered Member

Hello,

I am having major problems gettin TI 9 build 2270 to work on my brand spanking new Dell Desktop. I am booting with a bootable rescue cd and it does not recognize my external USB drive. So, I search the forums for the answer and I hear about hitting f11 when I see that Acronis is starting to load (the screen says "Starting Acronis Loader..."), and I try to follow through, but f11 does nothing. Nothing I tell you. No promtpt, zip, nada, nilsville. useless. The machine has no ps/2 ports, so the keyboard and mouse are USB as well. Here is where I think my problem is. Sometimes when I boot into full version i get no keyboard or mouse. Other times, I get no mouse, but keyboard. Other times, I get keyboard and mouse. Always, no external USB drive is found.

If, however, I boot into safe mode I can get access to my external USB drive.

This machines is loaded withe latest bios supplied by Dell (A03). All USB is turned on, so I haven't a clue why this isn't working in full version. I have of 5 of these models on my desk and have tested them all and it is the same story over and over.

Any thoughts?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wsmason,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download and install the latest build (2273) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

I would also recommend you to try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please note that you should press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

If that does not help then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you will not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;

Please also collect the following information:

- Exact vendors and models of your USB mouse and keyboard;

- Exact vendor and model of your USB hard drive.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.