Dell e521 no keyboard or mouse

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by reallyodd, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reallyodd

reallyodd Registered Member

I recently installed ver 10 of true image and I am trying to test the restore function of the software....when I boot from the cdrom into trueimage I get some kind of memory not free message which then proceeds to the software screen.. I have no keyboard or mouse working. I have tried moving the mouse and keyboard ports still no dice

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

At what point of th eprocess do you lose keyboard/mouse functionality?

If you are OK up to the Loading........ message, try F11 and see if you can get into the TI command prompt. This might not work if your Dell also uses F11 to get into it's restore function, but is worth a try to begin with.

Colin

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Try disconnecting and then connecting again the USB keyboard and mouse.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello reallyodd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting with "usbmouse=off" or "nousb2" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Namely, modify "Linux kernel command line" prompt the following way: "quiet usbmouse=off" and if not successful "quiet nousb2"

If the issue persists, please Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also provide the exact model and vendor of the mouse you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Aleksandr Isakov how does he do this with out keyboard functions?

reallyodd Try hitting the Tab key and see if this highlights the "silent"
    if so, then hit the right arrow key and see if the cursor comes up. ( that is of course if F11 works for you at all). My keyboard didn't seem to work, but F11 did and so this worked for me.
    Good luck, I am sure more help will follow from some of the more knowledgeable people on this forum, be patient.

6. tvwatcher

tvwatcher Registered Member

I'm having the same problem - received my new Dell E521 today - booted with the boot cd in the drive, and when the program loaded I couldn't use the keyboard or mouse (both are USB devices)

Just as it started loading Acronis, this came up on the screen: USB HC takeover failed, trying to vfree nonexistant vm area

I can create an image in Windows, but I won't be able to restore it if I need to boot with the cd

7. tvwatcher

nevermind :p

I was booting to the normal mode of True Image - I found if I boot to safe mode, the mouse and keyboard work fine. :)

8. tvwatcher

well it turns out that booting to the safe mode of True Image lets me use the mouse & keyboard, but my usb hard drive isn't recognized, so I will be unable to restore an image if needed.

this worked fine on my old dell laptop - usb drive and mouse was recognized - is there a fix or something for the newer Dells?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

dbknox:
    Please note that as reallyodd described:
    Which means that he was able to get to the selection screen advising to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" and choose to boot the full/safe version of Acronis True Image, therefore, the mouse worked at this point and reallyodd should be able to enter the Linux parameters mentioned above.

tvwatcher: First of all, please make sure that Acronis True Image Bootable CD is created with the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already using the latest build, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that if you use an older version of Acronis True Image (version 8.0 or lower) you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD for example does not have any selection screen).

If the issue persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

If you not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image Bootable CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to Acronis Support Team. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.