Dell Data Safe Local Back UP

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by The Hammer, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It comes in two versions. Anybody familiar with it? The blub reads as follows"The basic edition on your PC allows you to manually create System Recovery discs and restore your computer back to factory with the option to preserve any personal data that has not been damaged.

Upgrade to the Premium Edition for an easy to use automated Full System Backup and recovery solution for your PC".

2. The Hammer

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I'm kinda unsure what you're asking here, since your question requires only a "yes" or "no answer.

Also, "bump", seriously? This room never gets added to, especially not in two days. It's times like this I wish I had a punch in the face button.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Any reason for not using the backup and image that comes with Win7?

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

There are tons of threads on imaging @ wilders, so much so that they recently created a room just for them. I suggest if you want information on imaging products to search for them, as it seems that's there this thread is going to go anyway.

ronjor - I do not use the built-in Windows 7 imaging because it does not offer compression thgat is comparative to others, I cannot mount and explore the images, and the images created are not single files (making them harder to transport/copy). I suspect others have the same reasons.

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I keep installed the free version of DataSafe Local Backup, which came preinstalled, because it is needed to restore the factory image, and to backup this image to DVDs.

I do not plan to use the factory image, because I regularly backup the system partition, but I want to keep the option available, and the program does not cause any trouble.

7. The Hammer

I suppose not.:doubt: But I don't know much about either the Windows or the Dell one. However on the Dell site they tell you in no uncertain terms that you better use their DataSafe because they don't supply the operating system disc's anymore and when your in the process of using it they suggest the upgrade to their full version which isn't free. And since users are going to inquire about their missing OS install discs on the Dell site they may come across Data Safe before Win 7 backup.

8. The Hammer

Hurting yourself is really a cry for help.;) Oh, and thanks Robin A.:D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.