Dell buys out Alienware

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Acadia, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well I am looking at that Page and KAV is silent. Do you really want my opinion?:D

2. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

You're right! That's what pisses me off the most is all the money I spent and I got nothing but a bunch of headaches.

You got that right! But unfortunately I hadn't even found Wilders then.

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Dallen, after sending you that PM I received another email from the owner of Tasty:

"I've scanned every file from the freshly-downloaded copy of every file on the remote server at Microsoft, and am coming up clean from Norton, Nod32 and BitDefender. I've just had a Microsoft rep scan my site on the live
    server, and their coming up clean as well."

Acadia

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

lol I didn't say that you were insane.. I was referring to the overall situation.

Another option would be to go to locally owned shops. They usually have decent deals with excellent service, know more about what they're doing (generally speaking), and you also have control of what goes into your system. I personally prefer to build my own, though. You can get some good deals out there, and aren't limited to what any one place has. The only downside is that when something goes wrong you'll have to at least narrow down the problem to the component yourself, unless you take it to a shop. Save your receipts and the boxes for everything, though. If something breaks then you'll need to have them. In the end, though, it's not usually very hard to build your own as long as you get quality parts, and there's always advantages to knowing exactly what you have.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just went to every page at tasty with F-Secure IS and don't get a hit.o_O

6. RSullivan

RSullivan Registered Member

Hello All,

Thanks to Acadia for alerting me to this thread at Wilders Security Forums. Just did a quick registration in order to post a reply.

Regarding the ICC Profile TagData Overflow alert, as Acadia has posted from my e-mail to him, I personally downloaded every file on the live copy of our web site directly from the remote host (Microsoft bCentral) and performed a complete scan to my satisfaction...no detection of any kind of badguy on our site.

I just completed a telephone conversation with Brian at Microsoft, who scanned their live server version of our site, coming up with a clean bill of health. We are fortunate to have our site hosted directly by Microsoft, a corporation extremely vigilent in proactively scanning their servers for any vulnerabilities, as well as utilizing state of the art firewall protection.

As you can imagine, being in the business of building computers and supporting them, securing the trust of any potential customer is priority number one, and I greatly appreciate Acadia alerting me to this thread in a timely manner.

Looks like a great source of information here at Wilders; I'll make it a point to visit regularly as time allows.

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I just went to the site again...nothing happended. Then I jumped between various pages and BAM!!! The same message from Norton Worm Protection popped up again.

8. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Worm protection is not a device for DETECTING worms from my understanding. It is a mini-firewall/IDS. I think the IDS is registering a false positive with the data the website is trying to send to you. I am not getting anything suspicious from Appdefend, or NOD32, and my CHX-I firewall logs don't show anything weird(trust me, they show EVERYTHING that goes on). I think this is just a false positive. IMO, it would probably be best to disable the worm protection if you already have a firewall since i know someone who had conflicts with it and ZoneAlarm I think. It is causing double filtering which may actually cause some sort of malformed packet which it is detecting.

Can you scroll down the bar in the message, take another screen capture, and show us what else it contains so we can accurately diagnose what is going on?

Alphalutra1

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmmmmm. He says(yanking Dallen's chain):D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.