Dell 755 - Snap Deploy 3/Universal Deploy 3

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by fac052, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fac052

fac052 Registered Member

Hi there, a quick question from a new poster and a new acronis customer. We have a huge batch of Dell Optiplex 755's that we need to get both vista and XP out on. We have 'mule' machines with both Vista and XP builds. When I try and take a Vista image down to the 755 using Snap and Universal ( with no drivers selected ) the machine images then gets as far as the Vista status bar and sticks. A reboot takes me to the safe mode/start normally etc menu and from there it continually restarts. If I manually sysprep the vista image with generalise selected, that image will come down fine onto a 755 and boots no problem. I've even taken a copy of c:\win\system32\drivers from a working 755 with vista and included this as the driver repostory when using Universal deploy, again it doesn't boot. The bios is set to 'RAID AUTODETECT/ ATA' by default. I know the easy answer is use sysprep but i'd like to try and get UD working! I have issues with XP also universal deploy. Any thoughts? Thanks....

Derek

2. MTFysherman

MTFysherman Registered Member

Derek,
    Good luck. We just bought Acronis too and I am having huge issues with getting the 755 to work. I finally pestered them enough with phone calls that they got me a new Kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat that solved my problems for the most part. I had issues that the NIC would not find the network. Now after the new dat's most eveything seems to work except for not being able to pull a DHCP from my office. I guess I'll launch another call. Yippe!!! Great tech support here.:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.