Dell 2950 & Boot Problems - Perc 5 related?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by swaman, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swaman

swaman Registered Member

Hi - using TI Server for Windows 9.1 & Universal Restore CD, I copied a RAID based image from a Dell PE1600SC and restored it to a Dell PE2950 with Perc 5 raid controller. The backup operation was fine but during the restore to the new server I got an error message asking for an additional driver:

Device: PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F031028&REV_00

I skipped this as Iwasn't too sure what it meant. Once the restore was completed booted the new server, all went well until the Windows 2003 splash screen came up and the server just rebooted. It's done the same thing every time since.

Previous threads suggest this might be Perc realated, so has anyone else had this error and if so, how did you fix it?

TIA

Swaman

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello swaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

The specified device is indeed PowerEdge RAID Controller PERC5. Please make sure you have provided the correct driver in .inf format.

If the issue persists, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.