Dell 2850 server crashes when booting rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BBHONE, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBHONE

BBHONE Guest

I'm using Dell 2850 servers with RAID1/RAID5 set up and have successfully created an image from within windows to a Lacie 500gb bigdisk USB drive. I'm attempting to restore the image on the bigdisk to an identical Dell 2850 server. I created the rescue cd and when the new server booted from it, here's what happened.
    I got the TIS splash screen, then
    Loading, please wait...
    Eventually I get a text screen with the following:
    ------
    unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference at virtual address 00000048
    *pde=00000000
    Oops=0000
    CPU 1
    Then I get stack and call trace hex values. The last thing on the screen is
    <0> kernel panic. killing interrupt handler!
    In interrupt handler - not syncing
    ------

What's going on? I can boot this server into the OS just fine. Right now, the virtual CPU option is turned off and I have two physical CPUs. I am using a USB keyboard and mouse in the front ports and the bigdisk is plugged into a USB port on the back. I'm using version 8 build 903.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BBHONE,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build of the program which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

After installing the update please create a new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists the please try to create Linux System Information (sysinfo.txt file) or write down the last few lines of the output as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.