deleting some incremental backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by csosza, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csosza

csosza Registered Member

Hi,

I have a full backup of my directory and a scheduled task to save my directory daily in incremental mode. Is it possible to delete manually some incremental backup? For example I have a full and some incremental 1-10. I'd like to delete 3,4 and 10 manually. Is this possible?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You could probably do the last one, 10, OK, but deleting any intermediate incremental backups will make any after the first deleted one useless.

Why do you want to delete 3 and 4?

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You might want to look at using differential if you want to do this sort of thing - assuming you don't want to validate (but that's another story :'( )

F.

4. csosza

csosza Registered Member

Where can I set the backup policy in the program? I found it in the help but not in the program. Now, Im understand what is the difference between the differential an incremental backup. I would like to create a full backup for example in each 10. scheduled incremental backup task. I assume I can now delete the previous full+incremental set. How can I now recognize that this is a full backup?

5. foghorne

The 5th screen in the backup wizard asks you to choose between full, incremental and differential.

Whenever you create a full backup it will overwrite any previous one with the same name and orphan the incremetals. Any subsequent incrementals based on the full image will gradually overwrite the existing ones. You don't need to worry about recognising them TI will do that for you.

F.

6. csosza

csosza Registered Member

I found it in the help. Where is it in the program?
    Im creating backups only by using tasks so Im dont create a full archive manually (except the first one).

"Create incremental backups - having chosen this parameter, check the Create a new full backup after ... parameter and specify number of incremental backups, after which a new full backup will be created. The first time a full backup will be created. Next backups will be incremental until the specified number of incremental backups is reached. Then, again a full backup and a set of subsequent incremental backups is created, then again a full backup and so on."

7. foghorne

Please read my answer.

F.

8. csosza

csosza Registered Member

This isnt in your answer:

...parameter and specify number of incremental backups, after which a new full backup will be created...

9. foghorne

That's because I was responding the original question - not the secondary one you tagged on :rolleyes:

Which version and build are you using.

F.

10. csosza

csosza Registered Member

True Image Home 10.0 build 4871
    (purchased in december 30)

11. foghorne

OK you need to ask someone with V10. I am using v9.

F.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello csosza,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the option your are talking about ("specify number of incremental backups, after which a new full backup will be created") is related to the new feature of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home - backup locations. The backup policies are available when you schedule a backup task to create image archive to Backup locations only. Please have a look at this previous post of mine for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.