Deleting rules

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by robis, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robis

robis Registered Member

Hi

I have interactive mode
    when I install program then I create rule
    after few days i want uninstall this program (new version, or not using) ---> rule still exists

My question:
    Is there some button which delete old invalid rules or I must delete this invalids manualy?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Delete them manually or simply leave the obsolete rules as they are, they won't do any harm.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

4. robis

robis Registered Member

I have more than 200 rules.
    Now I know that 20 are invalid. Means that programs are not existing on my disk.

I dont want to delete all my rules.
    Question is about is there some Button which delete on click those not valid rules?
    I may delete those rules manualy. I know that but 1 click would be better.
    Do you see my point?

Marcos: I think that more rules slows down firewal perfomance, am I right? This is it why i dont want those rules. I know that 200 rules is not much.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Every rule is valid. For instance, administrators might want to prevent certain programs from communicating in case the users in LAN install them.

What you can do is toggle Application tree view, expand the applications you no longer use and delete the rules. Anyways, it seems to me unnecessary and leaving rules binded to non-existing applications won't do any harm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.