deleting obsolete scripts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amiracam, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amiracam

amiracam Registered Member

been researching backup software , tried Memeo and hated it it came with my Western Dig 1 TB "book". Then others and finally Acronis it seems to be fast, do complete disk images but then unfortunately a snag. Now when I re-start Acronis (personal edition 2009) upon initializing , I get messages stating:

"deleting obsolete scripts" or something to that extent, this keeps going and going, it never stops. It floors the cpu to 100%. I am btw running the trial edition.

Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. amiracam

amiracam Registered Member

anybody ?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello amiracam

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I may recommend you to completely re-install Acronis True Image by the means of our special Clean Up Utility.
    1. Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility package and install it.

2. Run Windows Device Manager (Start –> Control Panel –> System –> Hardware –> Device Manager). Right-click on Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer and select "Uninstall" item.

3. Download Acronis Clean Up Utility, copy it to a separate folder and run. Please note that you should be logged in using an account with administrative privileges when running the tool.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cleanup process.

You can also have a look at the article in our KB here

After that, please install Acronis True Image once again and check if the issue still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Rasovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.