Deleting individual backups from capsule

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anakunda, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

HI, any chance to delete particular backups I no more need from backup capsule? I can't find anything in UI that deletes a folder or file from it. I only can cleanup whole capsule which is not desirable.

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

With "delete" button in File Transfer Wizard, for example.

Attached Files:

• FTW.png
      FTW.png
      File size:
      25.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

You can delete archive from Backup Capsule either using File Transfer Wizard as described above or using "Delete archive from database" by right clicking on the archive (Archives tab) with "Delete archive files from disk" checked.

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

"Delete archive files from disk" deletes the archive from the application but if you look your disk with Widows Explorer, it's still there. This has been like this for as long as I've used Paragon. I "Delete archive files from disk" first then use Widows Explorer to delete the altered leftover.

5. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

Oh sure I see now, in restore wizard the button is too. But this is a bit inconvenient I would for example expect delete button rather in Volume Explorer or Archives views.
    Gives Paragon Scripting Language (PSL) a command for deleting a certain backup directory from backup capsule?
    I have created seven scripts to backup my system partitions to backup capsule, each day to own directory /Backup 1/ for monday up to /Backup 7/ for Sunday. If the backup runs second time for same day over existing backup, it's not deleted automatically but I get error Out of space instead.
    It would be helpful If I could place a script command first to wipe all previous content of backup directory.

6. teaorcoffee

teaorcoffee Registered Member

I appreciate the help given in this thread. However, how do you view the contents of a backup capsule in Windows Explorer? Mine doesn't show it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.