Deleting backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by roosta, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roosta

roosta Registered Member

Hello,

I'm sure this is a common question and I apologize for asking, however after spending a significant amount of time searching I haven't found a real answer.

I use the Personal Backup Server as a save point for all of my backups, and I see there is an option to Consolidate backups within the "Manage Backup Archives" area, but there is no option to Delete. Manually deleting the backups from the file system doesn't appear to be a wise thing to do as they still show up in the list of archives within the Console.

Which brings me to my next question. I've already posted this question in a seperate thread but have not received a response, so again I apologize. But how does one archive to DVD the backups saved in the Personal Backup Server area? If I were to simply burn the files that look like this, 3BC55D5C-020D-4F43-B573-254B6003F344, and then delete them, will TI recognize them as a valid restore point? And is it possible to get rid of them from the Archive list afterwards?

Thanks in advance,
    [Roosta]

2. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

You have to remove them from the registry. There is a posting by Acronis to accomplish this task.

3. roosta

roosta Registered Member

And that's the official method of deleting/archiving backups?

Step 1: Archive the files.
    Step 2: Delete the files.
    Step 3: Delete the appropriate registry keys.

Seems rather... bad/silly/ugh.
    ---

My question still applies as to if they'll be recognized as valid restore points when doing a restore if you're reading them from a DVD or network resource.

[Roosta]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.