Deleting all Chrome browser bookmarks?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by newbino, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Hi, as per the title: I would like to delete all Chrome mobile bookmarks *on my Android tablet*. I have not been able to do so either by pocking around in the settings or via a web search.
    Any assistance highly appreciated :)

2. Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo Registered Member

Using google account summary page and you can delete anything.

3. newbino

Pray be more specific. Having already tried this, I could stop and cancel Google Sync, but that does not erase data on the individual devices. There is also the possibility of erasing the device completely which clearly won't do. How can I specifically delete the bookmarks on my mobile?
    Maybe I should add that it is possible to do it manually one by one, but having 1000 bookmarks+ that would be rather tedious

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  4. newbino

anybody?

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I haven't tried it (because I want my bookmarks) but I would think you could have Sync turned on, fire up Chrome on a computer (not any mobile devices), go into the bookmarks manager in Chrome and delete them there. Nice and easy. Then verify that the mobile devices sync to Google and that they pick up the changes made on the computer. Seems like it should work...

6. newbino

thanks for your suggestion. I did try it, but somehow did not work - nice try though.
    I guess I'll have to proceed manually, even though it does not make sense to me ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.