Deleting A Dual Boot Partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bpech, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpech

bpech Registered Member

I used Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite to successfully create a dual boot, XP/Win7 system last summer. Beginning with XP installed, I followed Paragon's instructions, and now have two primary partitions on a single disk -- an inactive XP partition and an active Win7 partition when I boot into Win7 and the reverse when I boot into XP . Neither is hidden. I would now like to delete XP from the system. Unfortunately, Paragon doesn't provide any information about deleting a dual boot partition created using Hard Disk Manager and Web searches for deleting one of two dual boot partitions give inconsistent advice. Does anyone here know how to use Hard Disk Manager (which is installed in both XP and Win7) and/or the recovery CD to delete the XP partition? Thanks in advance.
    Bruce Pech
    Boulder CO, USA

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The Active flag switches from one partition to another?

3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

If the Windows 7 is active and primary, you should be able to delete the XP partition. If you are using a boot menu to select between Windows 7 and XP, it could be more complicated. I have a dual boot XP and Windows 7 laptop with the primary partitions on each end of the disk and a big data partition in the middle. I hide the unused partition so the data is not altered accidentally when I'm running the other system. It would help if you could do a screen shot of your partition setup.

You should be able to delete the inactive partition with either the Paragon software or the Windows Disk Manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.