(Delete_this)

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Kens, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kens

Kens Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I am at my local CTC (community technology centre) place today, where I volunteer and apparently there is found a "Delete_this" worm, (if it is a worm, is it a worm ?) in the file server.
    Does anyone know of this one, or is this used as a means of confusing spammers when (Delete_this) is entered into an email address or url. eg examlpe(delete_this)@example.com or http://www(delete_this).example.com
    I would think the user is instructed to then delete the (delete_this) bit and use as normal o_O
    I have googled this one and have lookad at 2 anti-virus data bases search and no results.
    Any clues would be greatly appreciated, Thank you :)

btw, I have quite an interest in computer security and just learning to assess hijack this logs :)
    <hr>
    Ok, thanks, I now have found out that I don't have all the information, sorry, the ctc that I volunteer for will endeavour to get the info that avg found, at a later date :)
    Sorry about that, I'll get back to you if need be :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As to your problem, more information would be good ;) :D

In regards to security, this is what works really well for me, very simple to use and maintain.

You may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.