Delete Images from Acronis Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Micha, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micha

Micha Guest

I have many differential Images from my Server in the Acronis Secure Zone. The Secure zone Disk is full now an i want to delete some old images. But how i can delete images? I'm using Acronis True Image Server 8 for Windows (Running on Windows 2000 Server).
    Thanks for Help
    Micha

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

You can't, SZ is especially hidden from the windows OS so as to prevent erasure or other corruption.

The only way is to delete the SZ all together by removing it and then installing it again However, SZ is meant to be self managing and it should delete older files itself to maintain enough space for images, you can adjust the size of SZ

Oops! the above relates to ATI but I guess applies also to server....

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Actually, you can if you want to badly enough. You must boot from a Knoppix CD, then you will be able to see into the "Secure Zone". To be able to delete things:

No problem: boot up Knoppix and find all your local partitions nicely iconicized on the KDE desktop. (Or cruise the file tree to /mnt.) Click on the correct icon, and there are all your files. But they are wisely mounted read-only. Again, no problem: right-click the desktop icon to bring up a nice menu with a "Change read/write mode" option. This mounts the filesystem on the partition as read/write. Now you can delete any file.

4. Micha

Micha Guest

Thanks very much for help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.