Delete Chrome Hidden Files

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by twl845, Jan 16, 2015.

1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi all. I have been having problems with Chrome getting pop up malware. A window suddenly appeared saying that my computer is infected, and if I call a certain phone number they can fix it. Then my AV blocked something and put it in quarantine, and my MBAM blocked something else. I ran a full scan but my Emsisoft found nothing, and neither did MBAM. I tried uninstalling Chrome and re-installing it but that didn't help. I tried going to a different snapshot in my Raxco Instant Recovery, but that didn't help. So I think the problem is in the hidden files for Chrome. I checked show hidden files in the folder options, and went to Appdata\local\google chrome hoping to delete the Chrome folder, but it says I need Administrator Permission. It's been so long since I had to get that, I have forgot how to get the Administrator permission. I remember right clicking some where and clicking run as Administrator but I can't make that option appear. Can someone please give me the instructions how it's done?
    Also, if I delete the Chrome folder, would I be able to re-install Chrome as a new user?
    Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.