Delete apparently not working.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jrspie, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrspie

jrspie Registered Member

When I do a complete scan and click to do the recommended actions, delete, then run a new scan, the same damn crap is still being found.
    Am I doing something wrong or has AVG just let this program become less effective than it used to be?
    Thanks.
    J.

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Please post here a Scan report log of the AVG Anti-Spyware, so that we can see which threats have been detected.

3. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

---------------------------------------------------------
    AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
    ---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 22:03:21 2007-07-05

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.51:C:\Documents and Settings\Giovanni\My Documents\FEBE\profile{default}.fbu/cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Error during cleaning.Unkown Error
    :mozilla.60:C:\Documents and Settings\Giovanni\My Documents\FEBE\profile{default}.fbu/cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Weborama : Marked for delete on rebootUnkown Error

::Report end

I'm getting errors in deleting, deleting on reboot or even quarantine. Can't get rid of these infections

4. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

gdiloren, please close the Mozilla/Firefox Browser and then scan again with the AVG AS.

5. gdiloren

It was already closed. I had to erase with eraser manually the FEBE folder to get rid of Weborama. Manually deleted some cookies in TOOLS\OPTIONS\PRIVACY of FF. Still have to do another complete scan to check if everything was removed. But AVG AS free seems to have problems deleting them (errors). I may had I had renamed the profile in french and that caused an issue with SpywareBlaster not detecting FF. Had to reinstall. FEBE is the backed-up profile (the one with a problem). That may have triggered the error in deleting in AVGAS free. My trial is also expired, by the way.

6. gdiloren

AVGAS is now working properly for other deletions. The errors were probably linked with the problem I had with a profile of Firefox named in french with é in it! Something to do also with errors in the registry. Now, everything is solved.
    Thanks!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.