delay in opening TI 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by motiger, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motiger

motiger Registered Member

I just upgraded to v 11 but had the same problem with TI 10. The splash screen comes on and it begins analysing my partitions. It does ok with c and begins f and then hangs there but moves terribly slowly through the process and about 45 minutes later it opens and is fully operational except for when a function requires analysing again. I realize this could be a winxp problem but it only does it with TI and I don't know the routine TI goes through while analysing. Can you help? Starting in safe mode and even using startup disk results in it starting perfectly. Winxp homeSP2...80GB HD w/ 1.25GB RAM. Motiger...thanks much guys

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you run chkdsk /r on the F: partition/drive - there might be a cluster problem on it.

Colin

3. VolkerW

VolkerW Registered Member

I myself experienced work on NTFS formatted partitions normally goes much quicker that FAT.
    you are using NTFS ?

brgds V.

4. motiger

motiger Registered Member

Wow, thanks so much for the prompt reply. Yes, I have run chkdsk on each of my drives including the main C Drive. I also agree with your observations about NTFS and have used it for many years. The extreme slowness in opening and also in analysing several of the functions suggests something pretty major...but the imaging and recovery functions seem to work just fine. I thought it might be a bum windows installer but that doesnt seem to be true. I would appreciate any additional thoughts. Thanks again guys. -Motiger

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

motiger, could you please download and install the latest version of Acronis drivers with disabled logging? This may help you to overcome the issue with analyzing partitions.

If the issue still persists please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

6. opoman

opoman Registered Member

I experienced very long delays in getting TI11 going with such simple applications as creating a boot disk while the programme claimed to be analyzing the 320Gb usb2 external HDD (Seagate Free Agent) that I use for backups.

I found the delay got much shorter, though still annoying, when I deleted the backup which I had placed on the root of the external HDD, next created a folder for the backups and then backed up into that folder.

Would it be appropriate for me to try the same driver download to see if the several minute delay can be reduced?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello opoman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, please follow the instructions provided by Alexey. In addition, please make sure the device is connected to USB2 port, and the connection is good (sometimes the connector plug misfits for various reasons, which may cause the device to be detected as connected to USB1 port). Please also see if this thread may be of help.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. dsn

dsn Registered Member

Dunno if it's the same issue, but I was also getting extremely long delays in both TI 10 and 11 any time it was trying to access or analyze a disk. I even got 15-minute delays when trying to install or uninstall the program. Turned out it was because I hadn't installed the Nvidia storage drivers for my Asus nForce 4 motherboard when I installed the chipset drivers. After I installed the Nvidia storage drivers the delays stopped completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.