delay in opening links in firefox

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lutindiable, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lutindiable

lutindiable Registered Member

every time i try open a new link in a tab it takes a good 10-20 seconds for that tab to open, but it opens new blank tabs instantly, and if i copy and paste the address into the address bar for that tab it opens instantly,
    usually if i click the mouse wheel on a link it opens it in a new tab, it still delays if i do that too,

if i do a google search and press enter either by pressing enter on the keyboard or by clicking search with the mouse same again a good nearly 5-10 seconds till anything happens and it starts searching, same filling out forms and clicking submit or even accessing my emails to login, same with facebook or myspace too

this has only started happening recently, ever since i updated firefox to 3.0.10
    i tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox and that didnt solve it, i even tried firefox in safe mode with all the extensions diabled and it still did it,

i ran various anti-malware:
    malwarebytes, spybot, adaware, a-squared, superantispyware, and i ran all the different tools in glary utilities but nothing found anything, i even ran hijack this and the logs dont help either so im kinda stuck now,

i cant be the only one with this problem,
    anyone else had it and solved it?

and theres even a delay if i right click inside a browser window if that helps

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Are you using any anti-X software in real time, like anti-virus?
    Try disabling that one and see what gives?

Are you using any sandboxing software, link scanners, toolbars etc ... make sure you did not do something else along with the update.

Mrk

3. lutindiable

i dont like any toolbars so theres none installed and i tend not to use an antivirus i jus do regular malware scans, i know its not the right way to go about things hence why i have the problem lol,

i only have like 16, 19 at most processes running, and i can account for everything, as i mentioned in an earlier post i ran every antimalware i can think of

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

If you disconnect from the network is right-click still slow?

I once saw this on a machine that had a context entry for something out on the network.

5. lutindiable

its ok if i click on say my desktop, but if i click inside an open browser window that s when i have the problem so i dont think its the context menu itself,
    and usually if i click the mouse wheel over a link it opens that link in a new tab but its takin its time to do so

6. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

When you right-click in an empty area of a browser tab window in Firefox, what exactly does the context menu look like when it does come up? It should look something like this (minus the SpeedDial if you do not have that add-on extension installed).

Attached Files:

7. lutindiable

looks very similar to that xept for a few extra options for the add ons i have installed, downthemall been the main one

but i tried bootin firefox up in firefox safe mode with everything disabled, so i cant see it been any of my add ons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.