Del partitions- DDv10 evaluation

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by axman, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axman

axman Registered Member

I have been trying to delete partitions [w/o destroying data on the disk before installing] created with v10 evaluation software but receive an error message that this function is not available.

[a] what can I do? I am not ready to purchase.
    what are the ramifications of uninstalling the software?

axman

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello axman,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that you can delete the created partition using Windows Disk Management Tool. You can run this tool by selecting Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management. Then you should right-click on the partition created with Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 trial version and choose the "Delete partition" option.

You can uninstall Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 trial version from your computer using the Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs tool.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. axman

axman Registered Member

follow up-

when windows xp [my OS] deletes those partitions it leaces alone data in other partitions [like c:\win]?

there is a listing for <unallocated> as if it is a drive [which was created while fooling around]. I assume that I want to delete[?] that too. Am I right?

And windows will delete that without repercussions?

When using disk software in the past I have gotten the impression that it puts a [proprietary] layer that interacts with the MBR. And that impression extends to uninstalling the program without proper preparations can really muck things up. That is a source of my concern. Is it justified?

thanx

axman

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello axman,

I'm afraid that you will not be able to increase the partition which the space was taken from by using unallocated space after deleting that test partition. The trial version does not allow you to perform this operation. Windows Disk Management tool also does not allow you to perform this operation.

Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 does not make it's own layout which interacts with MBR, it makes some changes in existing MBR if you perform some partitioning operations. Please be aware that if you uninstall Acronis software then it will not affect your MBR and it will continue working as usual.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.