Deja Dup: Brilliant Backup Software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by apathy, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Déjà Dup is a simple backup tool. It hides the complexity of backing up the Right Way (encrypted, off-site, and regular) and uses duplicity as the backend.

Features:
    • Support for local, remote, or cloud backup locations, such as Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files
    • Securely encrypts and compresses your data
    • Incrementally backs up, letting you restore from any particular backup
    • Schedules regular backups
    • Integrates well into your GNOME desktop

I've been very disappointed by many backup software when it comes to restoring your files. I've tried just about everything out there for Linux and Windows.

I've been using DejaDup for a year now and it has been my life raft when I wipe my main laptop(every few months). DejaDup is built in nicely to Nautilus and I can restore all my encrypted backups with ease. I use SpiderOak religiously as well.

I am in the market for a great backup/restore boot disk for Lin/Win.. Please don't mention Acronis though as I've been down that rickety road. I use Image for Win/Lin but I've had some failures as of late restoring partitions.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/dj-dup-perfect-linux-backup-software/

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

It's a file-based backup software only or also a disk/partition imaging backup software?:rolleyes:

Just see the screenshoots and description, it seems not my cup of tea.:p :D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.