Defregmenter and OS selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by kabelnet, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kabelnet

kabelnet Registered Member

Hi,

I use OS selector in my system. It is working fine. But I have to re-activate the OS selector each time when I defregment my C drive. I use PerfectDisk defregmenter, the disk is a RAID 1 array on a HPT controller.

Can you propose me a defregmenter program which does not modify the OS selector control records on disk?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kabelnet,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Please note that if Acronis OS Selector was installed on a defragment hard drive then after defragmentation of your hard drive you should re-activate Acronis OS Selector. We recommend you to create a new partition and install Acronis OS Selector on it to resolve the re-activating problem. You can do the following:
    - Create small partition (NTFS or FAT) using Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0
    - Install Acronis OS Selector 9.0 on this partition

If you have any questions please feel free to ask us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. sabeex

sabeex Registered Member

Interesting - What sort of size is needed for the OS Selector?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sabeex and kabelnet,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Usually OS Selector files are stored in the hidden BOOTWIZ directory located on primary active partition and occupies about 6Mb of space (depends on the quantity of configurations). In order to avoid problems with defragmentation you can install Os Selector to some other location (i.e. some hidden partition). This option is available during the installation of Os Selector (manual mode).

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.