Defragmenter question?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Firebolt059, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebolt059

Firebolt059 Registered Member

Which is better? Auslogics Disk Defrag or Perfect Disk?

2. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

to be honest, who knows? o_O

defraggers are never really tested against each other, i guess they are all similar, look for one who offers great file-placement i guess.

UD wins this i think, but they are dragging their ass with their v3 release. :blink:

I for one, aint fooled by fancy words used for their 'technologys?' that perfectdisk and diskeeper like to use in their advertising.

3. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Then you didn't visit the UD defrag website yet, they really think they invented the warm water, those vaporware producents are so great at marketing bully? If there really ain't anything to be proud of, then at least pretend that you're soo incredibly proud so the users actually start to believe you :gack::blink:

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I use perfectdisk on my mediapc (5 hard drives) and it does a good job at keeping it defrag even when the drives are 90 percent full. All my drives are usually under 2 percent defrag everytime I check them, except for one that doesn't defrag under 12 percent. This is on the automatic mode.
    One thing I found out is on drives with large video files you need to set the clusters at 64kb for the drive to be more efficient. The one drive that is always fragmented even after multiple passes has the clusters set at 8kb all the other drives are at 64kb except the bootdrive.
    The bootdrive has the default clusters (4kb) that one always defrags to 0 percent.
    If you want a program that you set and forget, perfectdisk is a good software. But if you just have a regular PC, no large video files many free defrags can handle that type of situation.
    I would stay away from ultimate defrag, it's scheduler is the worst I've seen, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. It never kept my mediapc defragged unless I did manually.

5. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

My defrag montly optimize script put directories and files together considering their name and imo it makes my pc faster. Or you can try disktrix, it is decent defragment tool.

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

7. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Puran Defrag is better.

Panagiotis

8. guest

guest Guest

PerfectDisk is the best commercial defragger.

9. Firebolt059

Firebolt059 Registered Member

What do you mean my "commercial defragger"

10. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Well, the ones whose developers are not ashamed to ask money for this kind of stuff, after all they have whole armies of marketing puppies who have to be paid for inventing all those great stories also. He also (correctly) means there are free alternatives, and they are mostly like even better also.

11. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Puran is a good defragger, but it doesnt offer even half of the options O&O, Perfectdisk, Diskeeper, etc have.

12. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Free defragmenters have come a long way now but few if any with exception to UltimateDefrag offer boot time system file defragmentation which is critical for good performance,heavily fragmented system files would bring OS to a crawl. So a boot time defragger is quintessential for total defrag performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.