Defragging

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by liftekone, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liftekone

liftekone Registered Member

Hello all; I was wondering if it is o/k to defrag, .tib files that are archived on an external "usb" hard drive? I have noticed through Windows explorer that my Image files have now become quite fragmented and wonder if it is safe to do so? Also for that matter, would it be allright to run a check disk and repair any errors that are found? Thanking you in advance!!! Vin.

2. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

liftekone
    A Defrag of system files is to keep your comp working at maximum speed, therefor to defrag your backup is not needed.

but cant see why you sood not defrag your usb drive, but you could cause errors doing so!!
    :ninja:

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

No problem with defraging a backup drive containing an image (unless, of course, you're unlucky enough to have a power cut part way through!!!).

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello liftekone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Defragging cannot spoil your image files in any way. There is no risk when you defrag your drive. If you are unsure you may verify the image after defragmentation is completed with "Check Image" tool included in Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.