Defragging and Rollback Rx

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

There is no ideal time to uninstall and do a defrag, it will vary with each user, that is it all depends on you and what you feel you need or want.

As to Rxs reliability I have found it to be one of the most reliable programs I have ever used.

hayc59 I would suggest you register (its free) over at the HorizonDatasys RollBack Rx forum and bring the issue up there. Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful folks there (mind you there are many here as well but you probably should start a new thread devoted to the issue if you want to be sure to get their attention) and they may be able to help you. Needless to say you should not have had to reinstall either programs simply because you uninstalled Rx.

Here is a link to the forum http://horizondatasys-forum.com/disaster-recovery-programs/

2. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

A program that works on the low level file system such as this *MUST BE* reliable. If your browser or media player crashes from time to time no big deal. But if your file system is unstable or crashes, ****, you might as well switch to a completely different system!

3. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Is that to imply RB is not reliable? -- if so, where is the foundation for those remarks?

Scott

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  4. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

I've found RX to be quite reliable and robust.

5. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Ah, sorry about the misunderstanding! :oops:

Scott

6. uskies

uskies Registered Member

Hi,

I am new in this forum, and hope I can learn somethings in this forum. Here is my situation:

I was installing an internet security program 2 days ago, and I didn't see the rollback icon in the systray and I thought must be some config of both programs, then I uninstalled the rollback rx by uninstaller (another paid application) to complete remove the rollback rx and not the rollback one. Now I tried to re-installed the roll-back one and the computer said there is another version in the system and not allow me to re-install it again. I look into the program directory, the shield directory not existing, but the rollback logo still show up before get into the windows for every reboot, but no HOME button or recover functions select.

Could you help me to complete remove the Rollback from the bios then I can re-install it again? I really like Rollback compare other programs since this one is more lightweight and not occupy too much space in my hard drive.
    Thanks!

7. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Hi and welcome. I found your explanation very confusing! I don't understand what you mean by "the rollback rx" and "the rollback one"? ...and which version of Windows are you running?

Btw, if you haven't done so already, submit a support ticket!

Cruise

8. bgoodman4

Thats exactly what I was talking about. I think your best bet is to submit a support ticked to Horizion Datasys, I am pretty sure there is a special clean up download for this situation. Or if you are in a rush you might want to search the Rx forum over at Datasys you will find reference to the cleanup program and possibly/probably a location you can download it from,,,,,,

BTW I would have rebooted the PC and then, using the Home key, I would have rolled the PC back (using Rx of course) to a point prior to the installation of the security program. Rx is designed for this sort of situation, uninstalling it instead of getting rid of the security app via a rollback was a mistake IMO.

9. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Now to fully answer the above. Since Rollback Rx keeps several versions of Firefox (as in the above example), until either the snapshot A or the snapshot B is deleted, therefore Rollback Rx renders the hard drive very fragmented.

So, BGoodMan4 is right that every so often, Rollback Rx is to be uninstalled, and hard disk maintenance is to be performed. One of the required maintenance is to defrag the hard disk on periodic basis.

Best regards,

KOR!

10. bgoodman4

Thank you KOR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.