Defrag & Missing Folder - SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Maddie, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maddie

Maddie Registered Member

I am using Windows98 and can not defrag my system unless I exit SpywareGuard. Also, my folder doesn't contain the log file. Can anyone help me with this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, I believe that SpywareGuard would need to be disabled on many systems in order to not impact defrag (and perhaps scandisk) operations. Perhaps others who have seen this can confirm it.

As for the log file, SpywareGuard only creates its log when needed. If it has not yet stopped spyware, you won't have a log file.

3. ganbu

ganbu Guest

Yep...I'm running win98se and have found the same thing. It caused no problems with the 1.1 engine but I just this week updated to 2.2 and I now can't run scandisk unless I disable the real time scanning engine. (I've not dared try it yet with defrag.)
    I find that on one of my machines it merely warns me that scandisk has tried 10 times due to disk activity, but on the other machine it actually crashes windows. It becomes unstable and I get the oh-so-thrilling blue screen of death. On both machines, though, simply disabling that real time scanner feature in sg before running the scandisk solves the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.