Defensewall test review(youtube)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Blue color means "added by the user or from built-in list", black means "created by untrusted process".

Unfortunately, there is no protection that doesn't cause any additional CPU usage. But I'm always working on it, trying to reduce it if it's possible.

If 2.46 won't helps, mail me to support and I'll put my hands on this issue.

This feature allow you to add all the removable source as untrusted, but exclude your DVD drive, for instance. This just gives an additional level of flexibility.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Ah, thanks.

Well, i know that a program needs CPU cycles to run. :D This is something subjective. I always am after products that have really low CPU usage (don't care about RAM so much nowdays). And DW, was eating considerably (unless there was some conflict in my system that was causing it) more CPU time than Twister, Winpatrol, Comodo, Sandboxie, Process Guard, PC Tools Firewall (all of these eat very low CPU Time, that's why i use them)... And i don't like that. I usually tollerate an AV having more CPU time. But when it comes to HIPS, i like things keeping low... I know, i am paranoid. :D It's just that when i see on taskmanager a program that needs to run at all times, spike to 9% CPU, i freak out. Only Opera does that and i have accepted it as inevitable. No other security application that i use, dare to spike to 9%. Max 2%. Most are at 0-1% and total CPU time is very low. DW seemed to spike high when opening a new page with Opera.

Ah, i see... Good idea. I just didn't understand it immediately. (I know there is an online tutorial. I should read it thoroughly).

Thank you. I will be checking 2.46 with great interest, no doubt about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.