DefenseWall questions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dregg Heda, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Alright I got a new question, today I started my comp and DW had a new popup telling me that rundll32.exe was attempting to access an isolated resource something about windows and cookies. Does anyone have any idea what happened and why I received this popup for the first time? TIA!

2. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

rundll32.exe is an executable running dll files. It you have this popop, it means rundll32.exe was runned as untrusted. I would advise you to check DW's log file, but it's limited to 50 records, so all the interesting events are already lost. Does the issue is reproducible? Maybe, it's about USB flash drive? I had a similar things when I was researching Kido, running from USB- it's using rundll32.dll to work.

4. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Actually an untrusted .dll was loaded to rundll32.exe and that made (legacy wise) rundll32 run untrusted too..had that thing with an online scanner i tried..all i had to do,to sort it is find the .dll that was in untrusted and turn it into trusted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.