DefenseWall Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I just installed the 30 day free trial of the latest version of DefenseWall on one of my PC's. Please answer the following questions.

1. IE7 opens much slower than it did without DefenseWall installed. The initial opening (after Windows Startup) of IE7 takes perhaps 5 to 10 times longer than before and subsequent openings take a few seconds longer than normal. What might be causing this and what can I do to correct this?

2. Also, I got several DefenseWall pop-ups which I did not fully understand but I chose the option of allow on next start. One was related to WindowsLive accessing a restricted area and another was something about IE7 accessing a restricted area. There were also a couple of more pop-ups. How do I find a history of these so I can review them? Also, can I undo the choices that I made?

Thank you.

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

1. If you have IE7 starting slower- just run it, find defensewall_log.log file, zip and send to the support e-mail.

2. There is no long-time history of those popups- only short one within the standard logging section. Undo is simple- they all are inside the "Resource Protection" section.

3. TheKid7

I cannot locate the defensewall_log.log. I could not find any log file.

Also, I just performed a routine weekly virus scan and it took about 2.5 times as long as it should have.

4. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

5. TheKid7

I found it.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.