DefenseWall HIPS v2.40 RC1 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by smith2006, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Thank you for all your effort Ilya, this latest update is very stable and I haven't had any issues with it.

After taking the time to trial this product, the purchase price, and your help, are worth every cent.

For those that are new to the program, the following might be useful:

Installation guide
    http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71682

User guide/tutorial
    http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34858

After a few days of using the program, I found you become more familiar with its features, with adding any programs that you don't 'trust, such as a 'portable instant messenger' program, or a file-sharing program. All you do is label it as 'untrusted', or 'right-click' your mouse and select 'untrusted'. But most programs are already defined 'built-in', so 99 per cent of users won't have to touch a thing.

Best of all, gives you the option of removing all registry entries made since running certain 'untrusted' programs. Please note that you should check anything that you're removing before actually removing it. :) I now actually use DefenseWall to remove all firefox and IE temporary files. Alteratively, users can go to 'advanced' then 'options' and select 'automatically remove items from rollback list'. DefenseWall will then remove entries listed under 'files and registry tracks' that are 30 days and older.

I've also tried this program with a number of AVs and firewalls, and it's working as promised. :thumb:

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  2. hammerman

hammerman Registered Member

Yep, that's just what I suspected ;) I'm glad you're on the case
    Look forward to new build.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I count Ilya in the same expert company of super-sharp developers such as Nick of SAS and tzuk of SandboxIE fame.

He is done a most outstanding job and his interaction with his customers like the others are nothing short of the best professionalism we may ever see.

These guys not only talented, but strickly calculate to move their products forward continuosly with extreme care and intense interest in order to ensure their respective products rise well above any others of their class.

I count them as Legendary developers, because they never quit nor or ever at a loss to rise to the next challenges no matter what, and they oooze a huge amount of confidence in what they fashion to achieve from their hard work and efforts.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.